I wanted to take the time and give everyone an update on the future. First and foremost I have to explain what led me to this idea and why I decided to go this route. Some people message me or tweet me stating my style and our group is rude and worthless, and it will never amount to anything. To those people they're so blinded by their own ego that they never realize full picture. Many people I see who make their fancy sites or blogs don't have ANY experience in that field and don't really realize the right away of promoting their brand.
As many of you know I started with Marc Maggard I use to follow him all of the time when I was 18 and really looked up to him on the way he provided recruiting news to the Kentucky fans. After several years of watching the way he did things, and realizing how much he charged his members I decided I wanted to do something different. I decided the best way to get known and gain knowledge was to attend lots of AAU tournaments, and watch basketball like my life depended on it. Around 2 years ago, I was fortunate enough to meet Micah Pearson who gave me the opportunity to join not only Big Blue Topia, but also their Facebook group Cal's Cats 3.0 to post about recruiting, and I always told him I would have loyalty to him. Although him and I don't talk day to day we have a mutual respect for each other, now that you guys know the history of me a little bit it brings me to my GREAT NEWS...
I am currently in my senior year at Indiana University, yes I'm 26 years old, but I came back to school because I promised my parents I would always graduate college and do something I love to do which is cover, write, and play sports. I am really close to my family and to make them proud is my number one goal. My love is to communicate about sports with others, just like our group does, involve as many as possible for a common love, and to me it isn't about making money, unfortunately to others it is. Yes eventually I will have a more professional occupation, but this thing we have going at BBN Wildcats will continue strong.
NOW TO THE GREAT NEWS... SORRY FOR BACKSTORY...
I have been working at Indiana University on a website that will be something that NO other site has, and will have the best features anyone can provide. Not only will it be the best, but it will be so convenient for all of the UK fans, that I predict our members to grow to outstanding numbers. Although many other sites and current members, don't think our group is that great, time and time again we are on top of the news, and many times break news before anyone else does, and now with this site we will be able to prove this.
This site will do the following:
All posts made on Cal's Cats 3.0 will have its own section for those who want all kinds of Kentucky news.
All posts made on BBN Wildcats will be in own section covering all UK recruiting news.
All Tweets made from the top providers of UK news will have a sidebar that will show all of their tweets.
NOW: Here is what will make our site different, our site will have forums if you want to post random things about UK and talk about things, just like Facebook where people can comment and be involved, also will have lists of UK Basketball and Football Target pages, Offers, Visits coming up, Commitments, Videos, Articles, and etc.
With all of these things put together on one site it will be the top site to go to for any UK news. I am still working on the site design.
* Also if you don't like websites, and you still want to post on just the Facebook group like you do now, you will still be able to do that, and your comments will still mirror over to the website, talk about technology.
ANYWAYS THAT IS THE UPDATE, AND I HOPE YOU ARE AS EXCITED AS I AM, MY GOAL IS TO NOT MAKE ALL OF YOU PAY FOR THE INFORMATION YOU GET, PEOPLE LIKE TBK, SCOUT, RIVALS, AND OTHERS I KNOW WORKING TOWARDS THAT GOAL CHARGE WAY TO MUCH FOR THEIR CONTENT.
Go Cats...
Joseph Adams
When, website location, you go to IU and you are doing this on an IU server? hehehe
ReplyDeleteI believe in people having a dream and trying to reach it. I iwll follow you and help all I can such as under the radar players that rivals, scout and others don't cover in the past derrick locke had 51tds no one knew about him r cobb was vastly underrated and so on.
ReplyDeleteSteve @kytravlinman
2014 RB/DB Alec LeFlore 2012 season highlight remix: http://youtu.be/03kALByX9Kg
ReplyDeletecheck him out 4.49 40 36 inch vertical benches 275 and rivals, scout dont know him for nothing. crazy about uk and would commit right now if he had the chance. he loves the BBN only 5"8 but so was derrick locke rivals, scout didnt know nothing about him either
Steve @kytravlinman