Saturday, January 5, 2013

Recruiting Update Football & Basketball 1/5



First and foremost I want to thank everyone who has supported both Cal’s Cats 3.0 and also BBN Wildcats. Without members like yourself, our group wouldn’t continue to grow at the rate that it has over the past year. We pride ourselves in providing up to date recruiting news to you for free. At times we stick our neck out and give news to you, when it is early in the game and could in the long run cause us to get a few things wrong when it is the finished product, but that is why our group is unique. Everyone understands that situations change and although most of the time we are accurate with what we are saying, at the drop of a pen we could end up being wrong due to situations that happen for example, “Shabazz dad and UCLA” but we will continue to provide the best updates possible, because like all of us we love Kentucky and recruiting.

This update will have two parts which will be basketball and also football recruiting. The football recruiting is basically the same info that has already been shared on BBN Wildcats, but this will make it cleaner for those who don’t have time to look at each post and all of the comments.

Before I get into recruiting news, I once again want to thank each and every one of you that participate on the boards, and add news you may be hearing, getting everyone involved makes our group that much better. As many of you know we do have guys that hate on our group, or constantly try to show me up, but I’m trying not to let it get to me as easy these days.

A great poster and friend of mine Greg Combs by the way decided to rejoin our group, I’m not sure what caused him to do this, because as many of you know he left a month or so ago, but I welcome him back with open arms, and look forward to the day he starts to share information and his knowledge with our group.

On to the recruiting news:

BASKETBALL:
DAKARI JOHNSON- I never have had anyone very close to his situation, but have always seen him in interviews or twitter posts love Kentucky. I was told weeks ago that he was down to Syracuse and Kentucky, and when I saw that Josh Smith transferred to Georgetown, it began to make more sense on to why these were the two schools. As many of you may know he told a reporter that once his season ends which is at the end of January, he will possibly take a visit and then will decide. Due to this news, not only me, but guys like Adam Zagoria and Evan Daniels have predicted he would announce in early February. As of now going by how he constantly talks about Kentucky, and admitting that he may come off the bench if WCS were to stay, I will say he is coming to Kentucky.
*UPDATE: HE WILL ANNOUNCE ON ESPNU TONIGHT HE PLAYS AT 6PM... CALIPARI IS SUPPOSE TO BE THERE TO WATCH GAME... ALMOST HAS TO BE KENTUCKY

AARON GORDON- This is the guy that everyone once it is said and done, whether he chooses Arizona, Washington, or Kentucky, will come back and say he is a difference maker. The guy absolutely is a stud, and he would fit perfectly at Kentucky. Once again I’ve been the one above and beyond ahead of everyone else, which has continued to say he will be coming to Kentucky. There is a reason Kentucky is on the list for a West coast guy, and that is because he loves our style of play, and also loves our coach. There is one thing keeping him from committing to Kentucky, and that is our current roster situation. He is waiting to see who leaves and who stays, this goes with every other recruit except Dakari. For example at the end of the year if Noel and WCS both leave, then Gordon will commit right away. Now if WCS were to stay alongside Wiltjer, Gordon likely goes somewhere else. Unfortunately that is how recruiting works at Kentucky, many of the top guys that are unsure of our layover will wait to see who leaves before they will commit. This is a wait and see approach and that is why not only me but others have told everyone it will be spring before we really know the situation.

JULIUS RANDLE- About four or five days ago I was messaged about some people posting news on Randle that he is coming to UK. As everyone has always mentioned, Randle loves UK and Calipari, but no matter who will admit it, a certain Harrison doesn’t like Randle, but the other one loves him. You can do research on Randle, and figure out who he loves. Calipari wants Randle and feels like he could be the finishing touches of a class that would make us able to go undefeated and win a title, but as of now, even though others are predicting he comes to UK, I will stick with NC State and/or Texas.

ANDREW WIGGINS- These days it feels like I’m the only guy in America that predicts he will NOT come to Kentucky, and once again I will stick with this statement. My sources have told me in the past that when Calipari didn’t arrive at his game in Kentucky to watch him play… It really rubbed him the wrong way. Although he understood we had a game that day he really was looking forward to seeing them show some love. Andrew Wiggins is a quiet kid that doesn’t like a lot of attention, but he does expect coaches to come watch him play and stay in contact, and due to our current roster situation of not knowing who is staying or going, at Kentucky we are recruiting him hard, but not as hard as we could. And the reason what I’ve been saying all along makes sense, is because when news came out that UNC was catching up and  FSU was doing real good, where was Calipari last night… Watching Andrew Wiggins… Stay tuned as I’m sure things may change but just like I’ve always said… Wiggins won’t be a CAT.

FOOTBALL RECRUITING:

If you haven’t been following BBN WILDCATS then you have really been missing out on some great information. Many of our members have posted questions, comments, and articles about upcoming recruits, visits, and decisions that will be made that will affect Kentucky football. On our group page many updates with visits have been made, but I will tell you about some of them now.

Jan 5th – Ben Bradley *JUCO 4star DT down to Auburn and Kentucky and will make decision on Monday. I got a feeling it will be KENTUCKY.

Jan 11th – Asianti Woulard “#1 Dual Threat QB” will visit and likely commits to Kentucky on visit.
                Ra’shaad Samples “4 star WR who is currently committed to Oklahoma State”
                Jason Hatcher “4 star DE who is committed to USC”
                JoJo Kemp – “4 star RB who recently decommitted from USF, and loves Kentucky”
               Antoine Miles – “3 star DE that recently decommitted from Nebraska”

Jan 18th – DeAngelo Yancey “3 star WR current commitment of UK”
                Javess Blue “3 star JUCO WR, per Shawn Keathley will visit”
                Jarran Reed “4 star JUCO DT, per Shawn Keathley will visit”
                Jeff Badet “3 star WR commit/decommit of USF”

Other things to keep an eye on are tonight when James Quick picks between Ohio State and Louisville. This is a very important commitment because it will make other things fall in place. If Quick announces for Louisville, it likely means next week when Shelton Gibson visits OSU he will commit, and also means they’re a player for Ryan Timmons.

If Quick picks Ohio State, Timmons is a virtual lock to be at UK.

Hope you enjoyed this update, very long but hopefully a good read.

Joseph Adams

1 comment:

  1. You wrote "First and foremost I want to thank everyone who has supported both Cal’s Cats 3.0 and also BBN Wildcats."

    WHAT ARE BBN WILDCATS and CALS CATS 3.0?????? *************** I Would like to join ******************


    THANKS!!!

    Can you pls email me at mikewalpole@hotmail.com the information???

    ReplyDelete