Friday, June 22, 2012

June 22nd Recruiting Update 2013 & 2014


2013
Andrew & Aaron Harrison – As many as you know they visited Maryland this past weekend. I give credit to Mark Turgeon because he is really going hard after these two players. He is trying to sell them on being the two that brought Maryland basketball back. They are also opening their new arena and can be the faces of the program. As I’ve reported back in March the Harrison Twins had privately committed, but Calipari told them to make all of their visits and if they still wanted to come to Kentucky then he would love to have them. Here is the thing with Calipari he always wants to make sure that anyone that comes to Kentucky doesn’t regret their decision. As many of you know they the Harrison Twins have decided to commit in October on their birthday so although I thought they might commit by August it will be in October instead.

James Young – He was given an official offer two weeks ago. He plans to visit in July and I would expect him to commit sometime thereafter. He loves Calipari and will be a dominate force for the Wildcats. When it is all said and done he will easily be a Top 10 player and has the potential to finish in the Top 5 in the class. Don’t worry about this guy he will more than likely be our 2nd commitment of the class.

Jabari Parker – Without going too much into it, I will say a few things about his recruitment. He doesn’t want to be at a school in which he is the big attraction, where he will always be in the spotlight, and where he will have to deal with all kinds of fans bothering him. He is a very shy kid, and so this is why Michigan State or Duke will end up with him. Unfortunately not everyone can handle Kentucky and he can’t either. Would love to have him, but unfortunately won’t.

Julius Randle – Last year he was always pumping up Kentucky. Loved Kentucky, now though things have changed. I think his style of play just doesn’t fit with Kentucky. Also he doesn’t really feel comfortable playing with Harrison Twins because he knows they will be the dominant force with the basketball and he wants to be the guy. I think he ends up at Texas, Duke, UNC, or Ohio State.

Wayne Seldon – If this guy would have stayed in the 2014 class I feel we would have been heavy players for him, but unfortunately he reclassified and due to that, he doesn’t want to play with Twins because he would be a backup to them, and so schools like Missouri or Florida.

Johnathan Williams III – Kentucky has NOT OFFERED him yet, but it could be coming soon. Kentucky really likes the way he plays and he would be a perfect PF for us. I really feel he will be one of the guys we get later in the spring, we shall see. Kentucky is currently working on getting him to Midnight Madness. If he doesn’t come to Kentucky he ends up at Memphis.

2014
Andrew Wiggins – So I’m going to go ahead and share what I put on Twitter a month ago, and tell you that our first commitment of 2014 will be this guy right here. Mark it down… Let’s all remember that on June 22nd 2012 that this guy was first to report it J

D’angelo Russell – From Louisville, Kentucky, when Seldon reclassified it made it pretty easy who our SG would be for the class of 2014. As I know of today he has already been given an offer. I know of a lot of schools that are targeting him, but this is another target we are trying to get to come to Midnight Madness.

Cliff Alexander – Originally was told we wouldn’t be able to make up the ground on this guy, but after last week’s conversation he might love Kentucky already so keep an eye on this prospect.


Special Notes:

Tony Trocha – I’ve been told that more than likely he will not be able to get into the 2012 class, if he does reclassify it will come down to Texas A&M and Kentucky. More than likely he goes to Texas A&M. If he stays in the 2013 class, he will be one of the Top 5 prospects when it is all said and done. He is an absolute beast. The extra time will have Kentucky as a favorite.

Big Blue Madness – Been told the following all top prospects that should be at Madness. James Young, Andrew Wiggins, D’Angelo Russell, Johnathan Williams III, Harrison Twins, Mystery “can’t say name” , Emmanuel Mudiay, JaQuan Lyle, and Tyus Jones. NOW ALL OF THESE WILL NOT BE THERE, AND SOME WILL BE ADDED…. KENTUCKY IS STILL EVALUATING FOR THE NEXT MONTH OR SO BEFORE WE WILL REALLY KNOW WHO ARE MAIN TARGETS.

No comments:

Post a Comment