Friday, April 13, 2012

April 13th Recruiting Update


2012

Anthony Bennett – As it was reported on other websites, mainly from Jeff Drummond he had said that Anthony Bennett was close to committing to Kentucky. I would disagree completely. It helps to see that Alex Poythress, Goodwin, and Noel are all on the same team as Anthony Bennett this weekend so you would assume they would be in his ear to come to Kentucky. Anthony has discussed on multiple occasions that he wants to take his five official visits. In order here is how I think it stands today for Anthony Bennett and this is also the five schools he will visit…. Florida, Kentucky, UNLV, Oregon, and Washington

Alex Oriahki – He is down to Kentucky, Missouri, and North Carolina. In my opinion Missouri and North Carolina are better fits for Oriahki than Kentucky. He is a very quiet player and just does his own thing. As reported Phil Pressey and Alex played together on the same AAU team and so this I feel puts Missouri in the lead. Alex is visiting Kentucky on April 20th and he would be the perfect player that has 1 year left so he would also be a one and done type of player and in 2013 we would have that scholly back.

Amilie Jefferson – It is down to Duke and NC State, we are out of the running for him.

Devonta Pollard – NOT AN OPTION… He will interfere with people we are going after in 2013 and Pollard isn’t a 1 and done type player.

Torian Graham – Some people have discussed him as an option. This won’t be happening he more than likely won’t be able to qualify. He will probably go the JUCO route. I have heard that if he somehow qualifies he will end up at Alabama.

2013

Jabari Parker – This recruitment will go on all the way down to Spring of 2013. He has the top schools of Kentucky, Northwestern, Duke, North Carolina, Michigan State, and Ohio State. So as you can see the best of the best is going after him. He loves the Illinois area and wants to stay near home so on that alone I think Duke and UNC won’t be an option. I feel we have done really good so far recruiting him, and he likes Kentucky offense. If we end up getting Jerrence Howard added that would put Kentucky as leader FOR SURE. Anyone would love to have this guy, as well as Kentucky… He is a top priority in the class and we will continue to go after him, but this will be one long recruitment.

Troy Williams – As reported by me seven weeks ago, he was down to North Carolina and Kentucky. I had stated that he would announce his decision within 6 to 8 weeks. Well I’m starting to sweat a little bit cause I hate being wrong. I know some behind the scenes things on Troy so I can see why it has been delayed a little bit. I will stick with my original prediction and say that Troy will be committing to Kentucky

Andrew Harrison – Kentucky Bound that is all I’ll say ;) Just give it time they love Calipari and Kentucky too much for anyone else to be able to beat us out.

Aaron Harrisn – Kentucky Bound that is all I’ll say ;) Just give it time they love Calipari and Kentucky too much for anyone else to be able to beat us out.

Julius Randle – Have been told that he more than likely won’t be an option. I know he is the #2 overall player in the class, but sometimes personalities just don’t mix. Also we have options at this position, we have already locked up Derek Willis, and more than likely Wiltjer will be back for a 3rd year, and we will also have Cauley still. At the end of the day I feel for Randle it will be Ohio State, Kansas, and Missouri to land him.

2014

Andrew Wiggins – This is one of the best players I’ve seen in person and on television. I wish we could have him apart of the 2013 class but that isn’t an option. Andrew is very high on Kentucky and loves Coach Calipari. He only has two schools he is considering right now. It is down to Florida State and Kentucky. Due to the success of Kentucky and our way of putting people into the NBA I would say Kentucky will in the long run will be the pick. This is a recruitment that will go on for another year or so, as he is in no rush of deciding.

BONUS:

Jerrence Howard is taking his time to decide what team he wants to join. He has always dreamed of getting another opportunity to get at Kentucky. Rumor has it that Kenny Payne is a candidate to fill the Southern Miss job. If he takes the job then Jerrence Howard becomes our new assistant which would help big time in Chicago area… Pretty good player in that area J …. If Payne stays at Kentucky then Jerrence Howard will either go to Memphis or Kansas State.

Was told within the week Calipari will meet with Lamb. I have been told that Calipari has contacted teams like Thunder, Heat, Lakers, Spurs, and Bulls to see the interest they would have in Lamb in the draft. He will be contacting more teams and will give Lamb his opinion. At the end of the day I feel he comes back.

2 comments:

  1. The comment you made about Randle "I know he is the #2 overall player in the class, but sometimes personalities just don’t mix." Explain why you said that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. when is the decision days for bennett and others

    ReplyDelete