Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21st Recruiting Update


First off I want to apologize for the lack of updates, but during this time of the year they’re hard to come by. May, June, and July are months in which coaches are evaluating talent for multiple years. Usually you don’t get “FOR SURE” information until all of the evaluations have been done which is usually August.  I have been gathering information about different recruits so here you go:
Derek Willis dropped as many of you saw down to #90 in Scout’s 2013 Recruiting Rankings. This is common for multiple reasons. Most of the top elite talent is on very well-known AAU teams that travel, and so they are present at all kinds of tournaments in which Scout, Rivals, ESPN, and others make an appearance to. Someone like Derek Willis now that he is committed to a team isn’t traveling much to any AAU tournaments that isn’t around his hometown. As you may or may not know he was in one this past weekend, and he dominated it. Don’t be worried about his ranking dropping as he is still a prospect in which will be a two/three year player that will get minimal minutes his freshman year. Think Darius Miller.
Jabari Parker – This is a great talent that will definitely be one of those that have a decision on ESPN in late spring kind of like Shabazz and Nerlens. He will continue to be recruited by Kentucky. Here is the thing with him, he has a huge list of schools and is in no hurry to cut his list. If any cuts happen it will be only the schools that were really never involved with him. I really think Northwestern, Duke, Kentucky, and Michigan State are the favorites for him.
Troy Williams – As everyone knows he extended his list, but it isn’t as easy as that. He loves Kentucky and North Carolina and was drawn back when both schools after evaluating him and noticing his intensity and game wasn’t the same as the last time they had saw him, so both schools said they weren’t ready to take a commitment from him. This had him question his ability and so he decided to re-evaluate things himself.  I do think that if Troy does commit to Kentucky, it completely takes us out of the running for Jabari Parker.
James Young – HOOK, LINE, SINKER, he is Kentucky’s 2nd commitment of 2013 class and I would expect this to happen within the next month or so, 100% sure on this one J
Harrison Twins – Maryland is doing it’s best to try to get into the sweepstakes for good and do the impossible and land these two guys but I just don’t see it happening. They love Kentucky and Coach Calipari. They will be 3rd and 4th commitments.
Andrew Wiggins – Like I’ve told multiple people who tried to say he was going to re-classify into 2013 class, he just won’t. He will stay in 2014 class, he is like the Michael-Kidd Gilchrist of recruits, you take that for what it is worth without me making it to obvious.
There are some other things going on behind the scenes as well, UK is already working on multiple guys for 2013 and a few of 2014 that will be coming to Midnight Madness. I know a few that will be there for sure, but until I get ok to say I will leave that as a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment