Friday, March 1, 2013

Andrew Wiggins Update 3/1



Here is the update that you have been waiting for, and hopefully you will get satisfaction out of it.  All along many people including myself have said that Wiggins was likely to go to Florida State. Here is why we were saying this, and as many times as I wanted to explain this in the past I just never could do so. A lot of us that follow recruiting have our main contacts that we get our information from, and so when we check up on a certain recruit, normally we will get the same information that isn’t worth even reporting to the public. All along I have been told that Wiggins doesn’t like attention and wants to stay out of the spotlight… “LET ME TELL YOU NOW THAT IS NOT TRUE AND IT DOESN’T MATTER.” On to another note, and why we have always said it was down to Florida State and Kentucky, and that at this time FSU leads for his services. There are many reasons why this is the case. First of all, you never want to be the leader so early on in the process. What do I mean by that? I mean new teams like Kansas and North Carolina try to get into the recruiting process and sees that FSU is leading, and so they find ways to show Wiggins and his family why their team can provide better opportunities then FSU.
This leads me into my last point and this goes with the visits of his parents. Andrew Wiggins knows that he is one of the best prospects to ever come out and he wants to not only go to the best opportunity to achieve his GOAL of a NCAA Championship, but also wants the support of his family on whatever school he chooses. Here is the last reason I’ve always said FSU leads, and this is because I knew all along that until his parents visited all the schools, he knew they wouldn’t fully support his decision, even though they would be alright with him going to a school they didn’t visit. This is why it was so huge for them to make these last three visits with him. On Wednesday and Thursday they visited Kentucky, March 3rd they will visit Kansas, and March 8th they will visit North Carolina.

After all visits are made he will sit down with his family and decide what school is the best location for him. Until all of the visits are made you will never really hear anything but positive things about all of the schools…

BONUS: Here is what will in the long run make UK prevail over other schools, and that is his parents blessing. They loved Calipari, and his approach when it came to Andrew Wiggins and his future. Like Calipari does best, he told his parents that he will not start just because of his ranking, he like all the other players on the team must earn their time. He told them their son shouldn’t come to UK if he doesn’t plan to work hard, and isn’t here to get better. All of these things influenced his parents big time, and I love the honesty by Calipari.

As of today I know it is still down to Kentucky and Florida State, and in the past as many times I said that FSU would get Wiggins, it was because of many of the reasons above. That is the thing with recruiting and this is why I try to tell a lot of you the procedures so that you know things change. 

Joseph Adams

Once all the visits are done I’ll have clear answer on where he will end up…

No comments:

Post a Comment