Friday, July 2, 2010

Royce White not likely heading to UK because UK is passing...

Awhile back I wrote this little update on the Royce White situation when everyone was believing UK was truly interested:  http://www.bigbluetopia.com/2010/05/update-on-payne-and-white.html

Someone posted this news on another UK site and a certain recruiting analyst that I will leave nameless told me that he had just talked to the staff and they were very interested in him.  Didn't state that UK was a lock but said I was clueless and wrong on this. 

Since this point, I've backed off because this was  based on a statement made by Coach O directly to a close friend of his who is one of my connections.  Many times assistant coaches may say something and truly believe it but the head coach will disagree and do something differently. So I've just sat back and watched to see who was right on this one, to see if Royce White would ever receive an actual offer or not.

Today it has been coming out that UK has backed off and has never offered him...which is what I reported on May 22nd would happen.  I wanted to put this out just so the haters can be called out.  I don't know everything nor am I physic on where a certain recruit will finally decide when they themselves don't even know, but if I report something came from a coach trust me it did.  If you hear someone not only act like they not only know everything but they know everyone who knows anything and has no problem calling others clueless...I would take them with a grain of salt.

1 comment:

  1. Just read a report that stated Royce White was not taken because of academics. Sounds nice but isn't true, UK had it figured out how to make it work but in end decided we didn't need him with what UK can have for the 2011 class in the small forward type of position.

    This is an example of a type of statement of what coaches put out vs what really happened...

    ReplyDelete