-Jones, I guess officially decommitted from Washington..this is what is sending most UK fans in a buzz today...if you have been reading Cal's Cats or Big Blue Topia this isn't really news, you are full aware of the situation way before the big national sites like Rivals and Scout got a grasp of it.
-It is important step though. It looks better if he decommits and then commits to UK then to go straight from a commitment to Washington to a commitment to UK. It isn't illegal but considered classless for a coach to recruit a committed player. Duke did this with Austin Rivers very openly and of course received very little national attention. Of course Rivers didn't directly commit to Duke from being committed to Florida, Rivers is still listed as uncommitted but most believe it will be Duke in the end.
With Jones decommitting officially to the public it allows Cal to openly recruit him without looking classless. Of course we know Jones called Cal right after he committed and they had a very long conversation. From my understanding, Cal didn't pressure him to change his mind because Cal had already shown him what UK was all about and Jones was not talking as if he needed any additional help in understanding why UK is the place for him.
-So when will he announce his decision...this is still unknown but I still like our chances.
-I was told about this thread at Catspause and had to just laugh: http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=142757952&mid=142757952&sid=888&style=2
Most people were complimentary but I love the few who weren't and you just got to laugh at their cluelessness. I apparently get all of my info from paid sites and then pass it off as my own. The problem is I'm not a member of any paid sites. I didn't want to be part of a paid site and not have the priveledge only telling a few things and forcing people to pay to find out the rest. I am glad though that I apparently can get lots of info that most people have to pay for...if in fact they are right. Seriously why do people post things when they clearly don't know the person and what they do? Whoever that is clearly doesn't know me and know where I get my info, so why post things they know not to be true? That blows my mind on what is going on in their heads...
One person called me a poser...wow...what am I posing as exactly? I report what I hear and I do have a few close connections with the UK program. There are 6500 members of Cal's Cats and several are well connected to UK and my best two connections to UK are not members of Cal's Cats...they do not need to hear anything I have to say about UK, they know more then I'll ever know on UK.
I am no crazy UK guru. Cal's Cats started out as just a cliff notes version of what is going on with UK as of late including rumors floating around. Not everyone has the time to look everywhere for info and I try to make that easier for those people. Any additional information that comes along is just icing on the cake.
Go Cats! Go and be nice to your fellow Cat fans!
Don't worry about the haters. You give great insight for UK fans like myself. I have been following you for about a year now and have looked forward to every post. Hope you're right anout Jones, he would make the team complete and a contender. Please, continue to give me good news on this situation! Go Cat's!
ReplyDeleteMan i've followed you from day 1 on Cal's Cats and by far your are the most legit non pay-site i visit. Keep up the good work man
ReplyDelete