Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Recruting and Drama...Drama and Recruiting



First off, as I'm typing this Gary Harris has committed to Michigan St. So there you go on that...moving on. 


Some drama was started yesterday between True Blue Kentucky's writer and I after I posted on our Cal's Cats Facebook page that Poythress has decided elsewhere.  This went to Twitter where Maggard began an attack raid on me.  Not that he knew that Poythress had in fact decided for UK and my information contradicted his but he apparently had spoken to Poythress and since Poythress told him he is undecided then my information was wrong.  Why Maggard continues to believe if he hasn't heard it then it hasn't happen continues to amaze me.  


I don't talk directly with recruits but I have a strong source who works with recruits and is closer to the program than Maggard is.  Not saying that makes me in anyway more insightful than Maggard's information, as I'm sure he does not tell me everything that he knows.  I also only relay a small portion of this information because I would like to keep this source.

I told Maggard last night on Twitter that Poythress has told Cal he is planning on announcing for Vanderbilt.  I am being told that Maggard today has now put a post for his paid members announcing that he has cut Memphis from his list.  I don't have access to this information nor do I want to know it to not accidentally pass on his paid information.  If this in fact true that would again align with what I told him last night.  I'm also hearing that one of Maggard's followers is claiming via Twitter, that the popular guesses on Poythress will all be wrong.  Maybe this means Florida maybe it doesn't.  I haven't heard anything like this but I unlike others will not dismiss this just because I haven't heard it.  If it is Florida and Maggard claimed this then major props to him because I'm not hearing Florida at all. 

Now does this mean UK doesn't have a shot? No, Terrence Jones made a public press conference announcement hats and all to Washington and then ended up at UK.  So until they are suited up in uniform never count out Cal. For all I know Cal changed his mind today, haven't heard anything since last night.

Cal has until tomorrow to convince Poythress to change his mind to UK. He announces at 1:30 and I assume will also be signing tomorrow.  So why Vandy? His mom likes Vandy.  Apparently they have good education down there or something...as if Poythress will even be there for four years.  Pure speculation but I'm sure Stallings and company has attacked UK claiming they don't care about academics, just a place for guys to spring board to the NBA.  For a mother who wants her son to be focused on his academics this could be a major turn off.  Of course this a complete lie because Cal does care about academics and has continued to harp on our high gpa and guys who come back to get their degrees. 

If Poythress wants to stay at UK until he receives his degree, Cal is not going to complain...seriously who would complain about a five star wanting to do that???  He doesn't pressure kids into staying when they are lottery picks but he isn't one to kick kids out who want to receive a strong education. 

There is also another factor that may or may not be a big deal.  Alexis his sister is a volleyball player, looking for a school as well.  UK is one of her potential choices.  There is rumors of her having a partial scholarship offer to UK.  I'm told Alexis will not make her decision official until after her brother decides, not wanting to influence her brother in his choice.  With mom being such a big factor in this recruitment it is still hard to dismiss this.  Pure speculation but you would think mom would like to have her two kids at the same school where she can come and visit them together, guaranteed to be off at the same time for breaks, days classes start, etc.  Again that is pure speculation on my part but tough to not see that helping. 

As for Maggard's comments, I would speak to those who have been with Cal's Cats from the beginning which is most of you.  I don't believe my information has been wrong over and over again as the haters would like you to believe.  You are welcome to go through the former post on here and if you see something that was blatantly false let me know.  Why would followers stick around if I continue to be wrong???

I am a UK fan like you who is passionate about my Cats.  I'm not in this for money (haven't made a dime off this site as most of our readers are through Facebook).

I hope I do not come across as a know it all because that isn't the case.  This is a big difference between the way I try to come across and others.  Maggard for example put out today that Harris has not made a decision.  How does he know this? I'm sure he will say he asked him or this is what his contacts have told him.  Just because a recruit tells you he hasn't decided does not mean it is true, maybe he has or maybe he hasn't but instead of saying something the likes of "Harris has not indicated to me that he has made a decision" he puts it in absolutes, in a form of again, "if I don't know it, then it hasn't happened" mindset and that is just not the correct mindset.  Maybe that is just semantics and a mistype but when you continue to report like this it is more than that.  Of course after I type this Harris commits to Michigan St as mentioned above, nice timing there.

I try to avoid the haters who are going to hate no matter what you do but when certain people continue to blatantly call you by name in multiple comments, it can get to you and if you are silent then people tend to believe it. 

I hope you enjoy your experience with Big Blue Topia and Cal's Cats but if you believe I'm giving out false information then don't be part of Cal's Cats/Topia.  If you do like what you see then help by promoting the site to your fellow Cat fans and join in the conversations.     


I don't want to make this a "choose a side" type of deal.  All True Blue Kentucky members are welcome here anytime as long as they are being civil, we are all rooting for the same team.  Little Brother fans can stay away! :-)

Go Cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment