Monday, November 21, 2011

Recruiting Update and other news:


First of all I’m sorry about the delay I wanted to get this update up this morning, but have been distracted. I have been getting conflicting updates with a few different people, and before I tell you all about what I’m hearing I want to make sure I’m very accurate with what I tell you.
The first thing I will say is to keep updates coming, and for me to feel like my information is actually getting read, you need to either comment about what you thought about it, or ask questions about what is put so that it helps me know what you guys like and what you don’t like about the updates. I can get the information about recruiting updates, but if you aren’t really interested in that then I won’t report it.
We are trying to build something special with this site, no we aren’t as big as those like: KSR and TrueBlueKentucky, but we are unique in which on our site, and facebook page you can put whatever you want to put and it isn’t held against you. Also our stuff is free. Now to the updates:

Nerlen Noels (2013 Center)
Let’s face it he is one of the best centers for this class, originally I was told he was considering reclassifying for 2012, but once it is being rumored that the NBA will make you stay for 2 years before you can enter the draft it made him stay in his class of 2013. He will be a TOP target for Calipari because Davis having to stay for two years would be gone. He visited him last night and of course Noels noticed how much attention he has gotten.
Harrison Twins (Andrew & Aaron)
These are the two top targets for Calipari he is selling them both as the package deal that can lead Kentucky. I always have and always will think we get these two players no doubt. They love Calipari and appreciate Kentucky basketball as a school they could showcase their talent. They also had Calipari come visit them today.
Julius Randle (2013 #1 Power Forward)
Let’s face it this kid has and always will want to play at Kentucky. With us getting Poythress and possibly adding Stokes or Bennett in 2012 class this will be interesting. The guy wants to come to Kentucky so bad and has always said he loves them. But no matter who you ask, he doesn’t have an offer from Kentucky, if they were to do so he would commit on the spot. I know what you’re thinking why wouldn’t they want this commitment from the top guy. It is because we will have other needs and so that is how you have to look at it. I think we end up getting him though.
Shabazz Muhammad (#1 overall player in 2012)
Let’s face it, it will be Kentucky or UCLA, this one believe it or not comes down to the NBA decision. If it sticks with the 1 and done rule then Kentucky will get Shabazz, if it is 2 and done, we might not. With us already having Goodwin, Poythress, and Kidd-Gilchrist all in those type of positions he wouldn’t come in. Now Calipari can sell anyone on anything, so even if they decide to do the 2year rule then it doesn’t mean we won’t get him. This one is far from over and we won’t really know until NBA decides what they are going to do.
Other tidbits:
Stacey Poole Jr is finishing this semester at Kentucky and if he doesn’t get the right opportunity given to him, don’t be surprised if he comes back to Kentucky. He has already been told by Calipari he will take him back if he decided to do so.
Jon Hood is really starting to get in better shape, yes he is out for the season, but he has done some of the drills and has been working on his shot. I hope he continues to recover, because next season he will really be able to help out our team as a role player.
I know some people don’t go to BigBlueTopia and instead wait until update is on facebook, but if you ever have questions just post it on facebook you can put something like this:
JoeKnowsBest, who are our top targets for 2013 and who has offers?
This will help me figure out what information you guys want. Have a happy thanksgiving and be safe.
JoeKnowsBest

6 comments:

  1. keep the recruiting updates coming,you are usually spot on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update(s). I never comment, but always read and look forward to the info you share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your posts on recruiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. any post is a good post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I check your site daily, please keep posting...Not much UK news here in Anderson,IN
    thanks
    Rodney
    OHS 1990

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard time to get info but I will try

    ReplyDelete