Monday, November 14, 2011

Poole is officially out...Mike Marra out for the season...Jefferson likely to NC State



Three pieces of news today:

1) Coach Cal posted today on his website that Stacey Poole is officially gone.  You can read what Cal said here:
Cal to Poole

2) Mike Maara is out for Louisville for the season.  At least so says Louisville, with Pitino you never know.  He tore his ACL in their last outing against Lamar.  You can read more about it here:

Mike Marra


Louisville continues to be plagued with injuries at an alarming rate.  Some are blaming the Mashburn curse.  Someone buried a Mashburn jersey under neath the site of the Yum Center and it is thought to have put a curse on Louisville. The amount of injuries for Louisville has dramatically increased since then.

Of course someone with common sense isn't buying this as a realistic reason, if I'm attacking you I doubt you know it since you lack common sense...see what I did there?

So what is the deal?  I'm not up on my sports medicine but I as a casual fan would venture to guess it is Pitino's style doesn't work with the current game of basketball.  One player being injured happens, it just does.  What Louisville continues to be plagued with is almost to the point of being laughable if it wasn't about hurting people's lives...outside of that whole thing, laughable.  I would love to see the statistics on teams who have had players miss the most games over the years, I'm sure Louisville is up there.

So at this point we are looking at playing Louisville without two of their players, projected starter Blackshear and role player Marra.

3) Amile Jefferson ranked 36th in the 2012 is set to make a decision.  I'm told he does have an offer from UK but others say he doesn't, I don't think it matters because I don't see him coming to UK.  Jefferson seems to want playing time and UK isn't recruiting very hard and recruiting him to be a role player.  He is expected to commit to NC State where he can receiving the playing time that he is looking for.  I haven't heard anything that would contradict this thought.  Cal so far isn't exactly swinging for the fences on this one but I guess you can never say never until he officially decides.  So we shall see. 

At this point, I wouldn't exactly chalk this one up as a loss if he choices elsewhere since Cal could feed him with what he wants to hear and then he comes here and becomes upset when he isn't receiving the time he wants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment