Lots of questions have been asked where Kentucky will go from here: I have had several questions sent to be asking about Bennett, Stokes, and Pollard so I thought I would give you an update with each situation. Also keep in mind NBA are still looking over the rules of when a kid decides to go to college how long will they have to stay for...
Anthony Bennett - is wide open, people will say it’s not but it is. Kentucky, Florida, and Connecticut are some of the main people in on him. Washington and Connecticut could be a player as well. With the commitment of Poythress some Kentucky fans feel that UK will not continue to pursue Bennett but you couldn’t be more wrong. Kentucky will focus on Bennett big time, he isn’t someone that is going to announce in the fall and will draw this out until the Spring.
Jarnell Stokes – If poythress would have announced for any other school except Kentucky I would have told you that Stokes was going to be a CAT, but with Poythress in the bag I think Stokes will be a backup to Bennett if he waits until the Spring to sign. Now I have been told he could announce for Memphis within the week, but I don’t see that happening, again it could but I think he wants to weigh all his options. By the way he LOVED Kentucky visit last week.
Devonta Pollard – he is one of those players that I can see playing in Kentucky system, for whatever reason he has wanted to commit to Kentucky before, but for whatever reason was asked to hold off. He is a top 20 player in the class, so I think he is a backup plan to Muhammed. If we want this guy we get this guy.
With the NBA looming a decision on the 1 and done or the change to the 2 year rule it is making some recruits really evaluate more about what they want to do.
I’ve been told by multiple people that if the NBA do indeed decided to do 2 year rule, it will NOT affect Davis, Gilchrist and them from declaring to the NBA. Due to them already being in school when this decision was made, they would make a grand-father law in which they would allow them to enter the draft if they wished, but started with 2012 class you would either decide to enter NBA draft or if you decided to come to college then you would have to play 2 years before you could enter name. So guys like Poythress and Goodwin would no matter what be 2 year players, and this is another reason that a guy like Muhammed waits until spring.

No comments:
Post a Comment