Thursday, October 13, 2011

Walter McCarty is true blue



Growing up, McCarty was one of my favorite UK players...as my first memories watching UK was around 1994 when I was ten years old, so the Monster Mash I only know from highlight reels.  Ford, McCarty, Delk, etc was my first crew of guys I remember watching and falling in love with UK basketball.  I will never forget rewatching an old VHS tape of the great comeback against LSU which included the big three in the corner by McCarty.

So the day McCarty joined Pitino's staff at Louisville, a piece of me was saddened to see it.  I knew McCarty was taking an opportunity to coach and it wasn't anything personally but the question for me is where was his allegiance? Was he a UK guy or was he just a Pitino guy?

Now that he is away from Louisville, he can proclaim where he truly stands and today his tweet above brought a smile to my face.  Great to see Walter has a good head on his shoulders!

No comments:

Post a Comment