Monday, October 24, 2011

Coleman to decide tomorrow...what I'm hearing...


DaJaun Colemen will decide tomorrow on his college choice.  Coleman is 6'8 280 pound post player ranked 27th by Rivals and 11th by Scout. 

He is from Dewitt, NY and has been considered a Syracuse lean for quite sometime.  There is a some family issues that has caused Coleman to want to stay close to home.  Before today I would have said Coleman to the Cuse just makes the most sense.  Cal can recruit but sometimes there are just factors like distance that is out of Cal's hands.

Ohio St. is considered the other player involved.  Thad Matta made a late push for Coleman and he claimed Ohio St. was equal with Syracuse and Kentucky. 

Matta like Cal is great with developing relationships with recruits and runs a players first program.  I have nothing but positive things to say about Matta.

That being said if Cal was to lose Coleman to Syracuse, I would not be upset because it would be a distance thing, not a Boehim beat Cal type of deal.

On the other hand if Ohio St. landed him, it would be.  So that one would sting a little more.

So where do I believe he is going? I am hearing he is a Cat, according to sources coming out of Syracuse.  It is always tough to trust what you are hearing from other team sources...so who knows if they are legit.  Like I said this morning I would have said Cuse all the way just because of some family issues but I hope what I'm hearing is true. 

We shall find out tomorrow...

Coleman would be a great get because we need some size.  I also don't see Coleman being quite good enough to be one and done, if he wants to be a lottery pick.  He is a guy like Lamb that would give us some strong stability for at least a few years.  Unless he just blows up and performs out of the world for us and that would work too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment