Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Perry Ellis to Kansas?
Perry Ellis the five star #24 player in the 2012 class has set a press conference tomorrow to announce his decision. He has been on UK's list for quite some time and UK does need to reel in some commitments. The question is does Cal believe Ellis is the best option? You never know but I'm guessing not unless Ellis is just so in love with UK and is ok with being recruited over in his own class and other recruits are not turned off by Ellis coming aboard.
It's been done before such as Bledsoe and Wall being taken in the same class. Orton and Cousins taken together.
I personally don't expect a UK announcement tomorrow for him. I don't see Ellis willing to take a back seat to anyone and I don't see Cal giving him the golden key to the UK castle. If he is, then that concerns me about how legit we really are on some other recruits.
Most UK fans will not be looking at this tomorrow this in depth and just see Cal missing out on a recruit but that isn't likely the situation. Now if we end up flopping on the other recruits then you can always look back and play the whole hind sight is 20/20 game.
What continues to be an issue is the NBA and the two and done situation. Until this situation is resolved, it may cause some issues on recruits pulling the trigger for the CATS.
We will see what happens but it looks like we will just have to wait a little longer for our first recruit to commit. Unless I'm totally wrong tomorrow on Ellis' decision. Then I will be scratching my head on what that commitment actually means. I hate to see KU get a five star recruit, as they have been struggling as of late in the recruiting world but it isn't likely bad news for UK's situation if he goes elsewhere. I honestly don't think he has the option to commit to UK tomorrow unless something changes. UK wouldn't exactly be missing out on a recruit if he didn't have an offer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No Archie Goodwin post?
ReplyDelete