-Word around the circuit is Austin Rivers may just have UK on the top of his list. He isn't publicly acknowledging any leader of his five schools but those around him continue to discuss how close he is becoming with Gilchrist and Teague. They are doing their best to show him how awesome it would be for the three to play together. Rivers also is aware that coming along with the class will be either Davis or Q. Miller and you can't go wrong with either.It seems everyone around Rivers believes that UK is his current leader.
-As I reported earlier I had no 100% lock on Davis to UK unlike Knight, Teague, etc. It made sense just looking at the situation but no confirmation. I found this odd with Davis apparently claiming he had made his decision and would be announcing in a few weeks, usually someone knows. My best connections just doesn't have the ties with Davis compared to many of the other top recruits. Then it came out that Davis hasn't made his decision.
This is just speculation but if in fact the original report was true, that he had made his decision and now is claiming he hasn't...this tells me the Sun-Times report did it's purpose. I'm sure Davis grew up dreaming of the day he would announce and how good that would feel. Now if he commits with this in the air, he may feel it is bitter sweat. He waits and lets this blow over and commit later. If you know you were not the school of his choice, this just buys you more time to try to get in the mix.
-So what is the deal with Quincy Miller? A report came out today that he likes Uof:L the most because of assistant coach/friend Tim Fuller. The report then went on to say that he does have concerns that Pitino will hold him back. Pitino is not known to be able to play with a stlye that benefits one and done players. Even at UK, no one was able to do this. Antoine Walker should have been able to do this but it took him two years. Pitino wants freshman to be more of a team player and allow the older guys to lead.
Another factor that may sway Miller is his good friend Deuce Bello has been offered by UofL. They are scheduled to visit UofL on Sept. 4th.
If I had to guess at this point, I would guess UK ends up with 2 of 3 between: Rivers, Davis, Miller. You can't go wrong with any of those guys, so I have no concerns on how it all plays out.
-Austin 2012 big picked Baylor today. No big surprise. I'm told UK could stay in the mix, dad loves the Cats. We could easily see a Austin Rivers part 2 on this one...or it could be more like Xavier Henry and he ends up wavering and going back to Baylor...you never know with these kids...
Canada is less than one weeks away! Go Cats!

No comments:
Post a Comment