Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday in the Big Blue Nation

-Cal stated his mother Donna is battling cancer, keep her in your prayers

-UK's gpa looks to have improved some in the spring semester.  In the Fall their gpa was a horrid 2.025.  This Spring it was 2.18.  When you factor in Orton not finishing, the rest of the team help carry the load.

-Rondo made the cover of SI this week and Wall is on the cover of Dime magazine.

-He also mentioned that Big Blue Madness may not be in Rupp this year when he said, ""Let's all have a super - and SAFE - summer. Before you know it, we'll all be gathering (somewhere!!!) for Big Blue Madness and the start of another incredible journey with your Wildcats. GO BIG BLUE!!!"

There isn't much to make of this statement at this point.  Cal has tried to get Madness in Commonwealth Stadium but I think it's an incredible risk.  You would have to plan this way before you could factor weather into the decision.  Even if you had Rupp available as a back up...the whole point in Commonwealth would be to allow more than 24,000 UK crazies a chance to see Madness.  Say we give away 35,000 tickets to this event and it rains.  You move to Rupp and 11,000 fans who traveled likely a long distance will be out of luck.

When the SEC Tourney had to be moved from the Georgia Dome to Georgia Tech, they let only family members, close friends and the media in.  They knew it would be impossible to determine who gets in and who doesn't.  There is nothing that can be done to prevent this situation. 

Personally what they should do is have two showings of the event, maybe one on Mandess night and the second one the following night.   Both events are given away at the same time to make it harder for one person to get tickets to both.  The goal being 40,000 plus getting a chance to go to Madness.  Just an idea...

-I'm told we are in good shape with Q. Miller but it doesn't look like he has any desire to commit anywhere, anytime soon...UK will likely keep a spot open for him

-Austin Rivers will be visiting UCLA
-Louisville's Preston Knowles had an argument with his girlfriend over a hairbrush...and her step father stepped in and was beaten up pretty badly.  Knowles has to meet with a detective over this...Louisville players can not go one off season without running into trouble...how do their fans call our players thugs???

-Two overrated McDonal's All Americans the Wear twins transferred from North Carolina and committed to UCLA today.

2 comments:

  1. I am huge kentucky fan and love checking for and reading updates on your website/facebook daily. I don't think its fair, however, to call Preston a thug. I went to high school with him and know him very well and he is well respected and is a very classy and nice kid. I dislike L'ville too but I still am careful to brand a player a 'thug' without knowing more about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a hairbrush?? I live in Lexington and work in Louisville and have done the commute every day for 8 years. I am surrounded by nasty Cards fans. I have listened to everything imaginable about Cal's recruiting methods, and as you mention, our "thugish" ways. This is one nugget I can share today. Thanks Micah! Have a good day~ Cheryl

    ReplyDelete