Wednesday, April 21, 2010

UK Recruiting Insight by Todd Poff



Remember fellow Topians if you would like to write something UK related send to bigbluetopia@gmail.com When you have sent several things showing you can do it on your own I will set it up where you can just post directly.
UK Recruiting Insight by Todd Poff

First off I would like to welcome Brandon Knight, Michael Gilchrist, and Doron Lamb to the Big Blue Nation. Doron Lamb has sort of been lost in the shuffle a little as far as recruiting lately with the talk of Knight, Teague and others.

Let me just say Lamb can flat out play and gives UK a much needed outside threat next year. Enes Kanter is a flat out stud and anyone who watched him play saw what he can do. Can not wait to see him in Lexington next year.

Stacey Poole Jr. is another recruit who people have forgotten about mainly because he committed so early. I personally think he is going to surprise alot of people next year. We all got our wish ith the commitment of Brandon Knight who I also think is going to be great at UK.

There is no John Wall or Demarcus Cousins in this class & you will probably never see 2 players of tht caliber in the same class yet alone on the same team for a LONG time. Tomorrow will be a big day for UK fans as we will find out where C J Leslie And Marquis Teague will be playing their college ball. I personally believe Leslie WILL be a Cat. I just haven't seen or heard anything other than him committing to UK.

Terrance Jones would be a HUGE get for Cal and getting Jones and Leslie to play together would be unbelievable. But they said we wouldn't get Wall after Bledsoe signed first last year. ( I'm looking at you Doug Gottlieb) so you never know. From what I am hearing we could land Jones but alot depends on what Leslie does. Don't worry we will get at least 1 of those 2 and possibly both. Let's just sit back and let Coach Cal work his magic. Which brings me to Marquis Teague.

Do you realize how HUGE it would be for UK to steal Teague away from Louisville and Pitino? I mean he has been a virtual lock to be a filthy card for over a year. Why has he pushed his announcement date so many times if he was a "lock" to be a Card. Think about it for a second. Siva will be Jr. when Teague is a freshman. That has to be going through his head knowing Siva will be starting at PG if he went to UL.

Also look at Pitino's track reord of putting PG's in the NBA & then look at Coach Cal's. I mean if you were a top rated Point Guard would it be a difficult decision for you? Also look at the squad UK could be putting on the floor in 2011. We already have Gilchrist committed who is the best high school player NOW & I will go out on a limb & say Quincy Miller will also be a Cat. That is the #1 & #3 players in the country and add Teague to that class and that is THE TOP 3 PLAYERS OF THE 2011 CLASS.

Even if Teague commits to UL, UK is very good position with the #2 rated PG in that class by the name of Anthony Wroten Jr. Some other names to keep an eye out for in the 2011 class is Adonis Thomas- A 6'6 wing from Memphis, LeBryan Nash-who is also a 6'6 wing player out of Dallas who I hear Cal is very high on and is a top 5 player in that class.

Damien Leonard is also one to keep an eye out for who is said to possibly be the best shooter in the 2011 class. You could also see another UK-Ul recruiting battle for 2011 swing man Angel Nunez. Well that's all for now but I will be back for more on the 2011 class and my predictions and some more ramblings. But for now I will predict we will hear great news tomorrow and in the next week or two.

Just think where we were a little over a year ago and look where we are now. If you have told me then that we would be back on top of the college basketball world where we belong I would have said you were crazy. What difference a year makes! GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment