UK is set to play East Tennessee St. at 7:15 eastern, Thursday night. It's a tough draw for UK overall. In the second round we may have to play Texas. Let's just cross our fingers they don't wake up from their three month coma...they were a top 3 team getting close to conference play and then the bottom dropped out for them. This was a team we were expected to see during the final four, not the second round.
Then if we make it to the elite 8, we may have to face West Virginia. Maybe I'm missing something but the committee said they were debating if WVU should be a number one seed. So it sounds like they are the top #2 seed. So why is the top #2 seed in the 2nd best #1 seeds bracket??? Shouldn't they be in the same bracket with Syracuse?
I never do well in the bracket pools but here are my upsets for round 1 (upsets being classified as any lower ranked seed beating a higher ranked seed). So don't bank your office bracket pool on these picks...
#10 Georgia Tech over #7 Okl. St.
#9 Florida St. over #8 Gonzaga
#12 UTEP over #5 Butler
#10 Florida over #7 BYU (the team that doesn't deserve to be in it always seems to win 1st round...)
#11 Washington over #6 Marquette
#9 Louisville over #8 California (I hope I'm wrong...)

No comments:
Post a Comment